Debbie and I both love soup. Its delicious, healthy and its a great way to use up any veggies in your fridge. Its also one of the best ways to get kids and men to eat Kale. 😉 Soup is healthful comfort food on a cold winter day. This soup is great because you can use this recipe as is or you can use it as a base and add whatever veggies you have on hand.
The Parmesan Chip is so yum and really easy, I dare you to make these and not eat one straight off the pan!
Bean and Kale Vegetable Soup with Parmesan Crisps
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 5 Cloves of Garlic put through a press or minced
- 4 Carrots Diced
- 4 Stalks of Celery Diced
- 2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 Head or 2 Cups Cabbage
- 1 Bunch Kale
- 1 28 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 L or 8 Cups of Beef Broth
- 1 Cups Green Beans cut into 1 " pieces ( You can use canned beans for this)
- 1 Can Navy Beans (540mls)
- 1 Can Black Beans (540 mls)
- Heat Oil in a big pot on medium-high heat. Add Onion, Carrots, Celery, Garlic and Dried herbs and sauté for a few mins. Add Kale and Cabbage and sauté for another few min till Kale and Cabbage are wilted.
- Add the Tomatoes, Broth, Green Beans, Navy and Black Beans and simmer for at least 30 mins. Or until vegetables are soft.
- Serve with Parmesan Crisp and Enjoy!
This recipe makes a big pot of soup! If you don't have an army to feed, put half in zip locks and freeze it. Its just as good after.
1/4 Cup Parmesan per Crisp
- Finely grate the Parmesan onto parchment paper in a small mound
- Bake at 350 for 10 mins until its melted, bubbling, and browned
- Make sure to keep an eye on it as they can burn quickly
- Take it out, let it cool flat or you can shape it to a desired shape once its cool enough to touch but still pliable.
- Top your soup with a crisp and eat it!