Debbie and I both love soup. Its delicious, healthy and its a great way to use up any veggies in your fridge. Its also one of the best ways to get kids and men to eat Kale. 😉 Soup is healthful comfort food on a cold winter day. This soup is great because you can use this recipe as is or you can use it as a base and add whatever veggies you have on hand.
The Parmesan Chip is so yum and really easy, I dare you to make these and not eat one straight off the pan!
Bean and Kale Vegetable Soup with Parmesan Crisps
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 5 Cloves of Garlic put through a press or minced
- 4 Carrots Diced
- 4 Stalks of Celery Diced
- 2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 Head or 2 Cups Cabbage
- 1 Bunch Kale
- 1 28 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 L or 8 Cups of Beef Broth
- 1 Cups Green Beans cut into 1 " pieces ( You can use canned beans for this)
- 1 Can Navy Beans (540mls)
- 1 Can Black Beans (540 mls)
Heat Oil in a big pot on medium-high heat. Add Onion, Carrots, Celery, Garlic and Dried herbs and sauté for a few mins. Add Kale and Cabbage and sauté for another few min till Kale and Cabbage are wilted.
Add the Tomatoes, Broth, Green Beans, Navy and Black Beans and simmer for at least 30 mins. Or until vegetables are soft.
Serve with Parmesan Crisp and Enjoy!
Recipe NotesThis recipe makes a big pot of soup! If you don't have an army to feed, put half in zip locks and freeze it. Its just as good after.
1/4 Cup Parmesan per Crisp
- Finely grate the Parmesan onto parchment paper in a small mound
- Bake at 350 for 10 mins until its melted, bubbling, and browned
- Make sure to keep an eye on it as they can burn quickly
- Take it out, let it cool flat or you can shape it to a desired shape once its cool enough to touch but still pliable.
- Top your soup with a crisp and eat it!