A sparkling holiday cranberry mimosa created with the seasons quintessential flavors of cranberry, rosemary and ginger.
The perfect holiday cocktail!
This post is sponsored by Lunetta Prosecco. All opinions are, as always, our own.
Christmas and cranberries go hand in hand so we made this holiday cranberry mimosa by sweetening up whole cranberries in a rosemary and ginger infused simple syrup to create a fragrant fruity and christmasy thick syrup.
Top that with Lunetta Prosecco, or your favorite sparkling wine, and you have a serious holiday cocktail winner that your guest will love.
Holiday Cranberry Mimosa
And lets be honest, mimosas are so stinkin easy to make so Debbie and I love them for entertaining any time of the year. This cranberry mimosa is no exception.
You can make the flavor addition ahead of time and then just add a couple tablespoons of it to a glass, top with sparkling wine and boom, your done. Its sooooooo easy.
Easy to make many at a time and easy to refill your guests glasses.
Serve a Cranberry Mimsoa to Holiday Guests
Its fun to serve a holiday cocktail to guests. It makes your guests feel special and adds a touch of class to your party. Even if you just serve one as guests arrive. It lets them know you were thinking of them and you care about their experience.
We loved the Lunetta Prosecco that we got to try when we created this post. It’s light and refreshing with flavors of apple and peach. To be honest, we opened a bottle straight away and had to open another to finish making this cocktail…
Its an Italian sparkling wine produced by Cavit which is recognized as northern Italys largest and most reliable source of quality varietal wines.
We also sampled the Rosé version which was equally tasty with its fresh, fruity flavor.
We enjoyed this particular sparkling wine so much that Debbie had to call my brother Matt to pick her up and drive her home. I’d say that’s a pretty good indication it was delicious. Amiright?
We had quite a few cranberry mimosas! Not gonna lie…
This will be our last post before Christmas. Things are busy for us around here as Kevin and I prepare to move into the upstairs suite of our new shop by the end of the year.
Debbie and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and we hope your holiday is filled with friends, family, and, of course, delicious food and cocktails!
Other Mimosa Recipes You Might Like:
- strawberry lemonade mimosa
- blood orange sparkling margarita mimosa
- grapefruit mimosa with rosemary
- raspberry mimosa with creamy granita
If you’ve tried this cranberry mimosa recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it turned out in the comments below. We love hearing from you!
We love to see your creations! Tag @Cookswithcocktails if you post a picture of this recipe on INSTAGRAM
Cranberry Ginger Sparkling Holiday Cocktail
FOR THE CRANBERRY MIXTURE
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups cranberries
- 4 or 5 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 tbsp sliced ginger - sliced in big chunks
FOR THE COCKTAIL
- 2 tbsp cranberry mixture
- 4 oz chilled sparkling wine
- In a small sauce pot, combine the sugar, juice, rosemary and ginger. Bring it to a boil and let the mixture simmer for about 30 mins or until the cranberries soften and pop open. Remove the rosemary sprigs and mash the cranberries pretty well. Simmer for another little bit until the mixture gets thick and syrupy (maybe 15 - 20 mins). Remove from heat and let the syrup cool completely. It will store in the fridge for a week easily.
- When you are ready to make your mimosas, add 2 tablespoons of the cranberry mixture to each glass if you are using flutes. If you make these in wine glasses, you might want to use a bit more of the mixture. Top with chilled sparkling wine, give it a little stir and serve.