A sparkling holiday cocktail created with the seasons quintessential flavors of cranberry, rosemary and ginger and made to sparkle with Lunetta Prosecco.
This post is sponsored by Lunetta Prosecco. All opinions are, as always, our own.
Christmas and cranberries go hand in hand so we made this holiday mimosa by sweetening up whole cranberries in a rosemary and ginger infused simple syrup to create a fragrant fruity and christmasy thick syrup. Top that with Lunetta Prosecco, or your favorite sparkling wine, and you have a serious holiday cocktail winner that your guest will love.
And lets be honest, mimosas are so stinkin easy to make so Debbie and I love them for entertaining any time of the year. You can make the flavor addition ahead of time and then just add a couple tablespoons of it to a glass, top with sparkling wine and boom, your done. Its sooooooo easy. Easy to make many at a time and easy to refill your guests glasses.
Its fun to serve a holiday cocktail to guests. It makes your guests feel special and adds a touch of class to your party. Even if you just serve one as guests arrive. It lets them know you were thinking of them and you care about their experience.
We loved the Lunetta Prosecco that we got to try when we created this post. It’s light and refreshing with flavors of apple and peach. To be honest, we opened a bottle straight away and had to open another to finish making this cocktail… Its an Italian sparkling wine produced by Cavit which is recognized as northern Italys largest and most reliable source of quality varietal wines. We also sampled the Rosé version which was equally tasty with its fresh, fruity flavor.
We enjoyed this particular sparkling wine so much that Debbie had to call my brother Matt to pick her up and drive her home. I’d say that’s a pretty good indication it was delicious. Amiright?
Check out this video for another delicious sparkling wine cocktail using Lunetta Prosecco:
Cranberry Ginger Sparkling Holiday Cocktail
A sparkling holiday cocktail created with the seasons quintessential flavors of cranberry, rosemary and ginger and made to sparkle with Prosecco.
FOR THE CRANBERRY MIXTURE
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups cranberries
- 4 or 5 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 tbsp sliced ginger - sliced in big chunks
FOR THE COCKTAIL
- 2 tbsp cranberry mixture
- 4 oz chilled sparkling wine
- In a small sauce pot, combine the sugar, juice, rosemary and ginger. Bring it to a boil and let the mixture simmer for about 30 mins or until the cranberries soften and pop open. Remove the rosemary sprigs and mash the cranberries pretty well. Simmer for another little bit until the mixture gets thick and syrupy (maybe 15 - 20 mins). Remove from heat and let the syrup cool completely. It will store in the fridge for a week easily.
- When you are ready to make your mimosas, add 2 tablespoons of the cranberry mixture to each glass if you are using flutes. If you make these in wine glasses, you might want to use a bit more of the mixture. Top with chilled sparkling wine, give it a little stir and serve.