Its almost hard to believe its November already! And with November comes Movember and many men sporting mustaches… We wanted to show our support for Movember this year with this cocktail and these sweet glasses we found at Homesense. I have to say that although we fully support Movember and everything it stands for, were ok with our men ont growing a mustache, although if they chose to, we would support it. I like my man a little scruffy, but a full on mustache is not as much fun lol. You dont have to grow a mustache to show your support. You can also donate on the official Movember website.
We also fully commend and support any man that is man enough to go get his prostate checked when that time comes around. I recognize that it may not be fun by any stretch of the imagination, however, us women have to get our parts checked out as soon as we become sexually active and every year or two after that so we are fully familiar with uncomfortable and slightly invasive encounters with the doctor. When the alternative is cancer and possible death, I think being uncomfortable for 5 mins once every year or two is preferable. Dont you all agree?
Especially when Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among men! Did you know that? 1 in 8 men will have prostate cancer at some point in their lives. Its a big deal!
Somewhat funny story… Kevin is 35 and for some reason he had it in his head that he was going to have to get his prostate checked this year. I got kind of a kick out of how stressed out he was about the doctors appointment, but I was very impressed with him being willing to go through with it nonetheless. He was SO relieved that his doctor told him he didnt need to get his prostate checked till he was closer to 40. Couple more years…
Rather than put what the Movember movement means into my own words, Im just going to quote the Movember website:
The Movember Foundation is the leading global organization committed to changing the face of men’s health.The Movember community has raised $574 million to date and funded over 800 programs in 21 countries. This work is saving and improving the lives of men affected by prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health issues.The Movember Foundation challenges men to grow moustaches during Movember (formerly known as November), to spark conversation and raise vital funds for its men’s health programs. To date, 4 million moustaches have been grown worldwide, but we won’t stop growing as long as serious men’s health issues exist.
Foods to approach with caution when sporting a Mo:
- Glass of milk
- Toffee Apples
- Ale, Guinness or any brew served with a fine creamy head
- Candy floss
- Egg yolk
- Meat Pie
- Sticky BBQ ribs
- Flaky croissants
- Sugary doughnuts
- Albert Einstein had a moustache for over 50 years.
- Groucho Marx for many years wore a fake moustache of greasepaint on stage and film, then grew a real one later in life.
- In 1967, The Beatles gave away cardboard mustaches with their album Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- U.S. Marines are not permitted to grow moustaches longer than half an inch.
- The first artefact that shows a moustache dates back to 300 B.C. and depicts an ancient Iranian horseman with a thick black moustache.
- The world’s longest moustache is believed to be a 14ft monster belonging to Ram Singh Chauhan of Rajastan, India, who regularly massages it with mustard and coconut oil to keep it healthy.
- Women are more attracted to men with Moustaches. Fact.
- In a deck of cards, the King of Hearts is the only king not to have a moustache.
- Police in a district in India’s Madhya Pradesh state are being paid to grow moustaches because bosses believe it makes them command more respect.
- A one month old moustache is capable of holding approximately 30ml of liquid or around 10% of a glass of beer before leaking its contents down the face of the owner.
- Salvador Dalí published a book dedicated solely to his moustache.
- On average a man with a moustache touches it 760 times a day.
- There are between 10,000 and 20,000 hairs on a man’s face.
- Average human hair grows at a rate of 0.014 inches a day, or about 5 to 6 inches a year.
- In Eureka, Nevada, USA, it is illegal for men who have moustaches to kiss women.
And now you know!
This cocktail with Southern Comfort, Malibu and cranberry juice is going to become our November cocktail. Its manly enough for the boys, but still tasty enough for the ladies to love it too! We hope you enjoy it!
Props to all you men out there sporting a mustache for Movember!
- 1 1/2 oz southern comfort
- 1/2 oz malibu
- 4 oz cranberry juice (or you can do half cranberry and half soda)
- lime for garnish
- In a glass filled with ice, add the southern comfort, malibu, and cranberry juice. Give it a stir.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.