This frozen peach bellini recipe is blended with frozen peaches and peach liqueur then topped with sweet raspberry liqueur and a little tart red wine.
It’s the perfect summertime adult slush!
Imagine you are sitting on your back deck or around the pool with your favorite people, your having a barbecue and watching your kids play in the yard. The sun is shining and it feels so nice on your skin. The only thing you need now is a delicious slushy cocktail! We have just the ticket!
A frozen peach bellini!
Its our version of the Milestones frozen peach bellini cocktail. For those of you who don’t know, Milestones is a restaurant chain here in Canada and they have made this type of frozen peach bellini famous in these parts.
Our’s definitely tastes similar, but can I just say that I think ours is better? As in, just a little less sweet.
What is a Bellini Anyways?
The original bellini recipe was created in Venice, Italy in the 1930’s and consisted of white peach puree and prosecco sparkling wine. That is still considered THE peach bellini recipe, however over the years, a few versions have evolved…
Frozen Peach Bellini Ingredients
This is what goes in our peach bellini recipe:
- real frozen peaches
- sweet peach liqueur or peach vodka (peach schnapps)
- a splash of our homemade raspberry liqueur
- a little red wine on top – traditionally its champagne, but it really tastes great with red wine
Its a gorgeous looking cocktail that tastes as good as it looks. A little sweet and a little tart. Its the perfect balance.
Variations of this Frozen Peach Bellini Recipe
- add champagne instead of red wine – this is more traditional and would be sooooo good!
- raspberry vodka – in case you haven’t made any of our raspberry liqueur or you don’t have time to make the quick version (see the recipe below)
- add some frozen raspberries to the blended mixture or some other kind of fruit that you think goes great with peaches
Bellini vs Mimosa
The only real difference between a traditional bellini and a mimosa is that the traditional bellini recipe calls for peach puree mixed with prosecco and a traditional mimosa recipe usually calls for a citrus juice/puree mixed with sparkling wine. A mimosa with orange juice is the most common.
That said, there are now many versions of each, but one thing remains… when you order or make a bellini, it’s always got peaches in it.
How to Make a Frozen Peach Bellini
- Add the peaches, ice, and peach liqueur into a high powered blender
- Blend well into a slush
- Pour the peach slush into a martini glass or wine glass
- Top the peach slush with the raspberry liqueur and finish with a little red wine or champagne!
Its pretty easy and we love any drink that we can make a lot of at once. If you aren’t using all the frozen mixture at once, store the extra frozen slush in the freezer.
What raspberry liqueur should you use?
We have a recipe for homemade raspberry liqueur up on the blog. It’s seriously good and you should make some, right now. It’s especially amazing in this cocktail.
But if you haven’t made any yet and you don’t want to wait weeks for the raspberry liqueur to be ready, just throw some frozen raspberries and sugar into pot, heat it up till the sugar dissolves, stir it well and then let it cool. Then add some vodka. I think that will work well although I haven’t tried it yet.
I would say 2 cups of raspberries and 1 cup of sugar, and 1 and 1/2 cups of vodka. You could also use a store bought raspberry liqueur, but the flavor would be different for sure.
Tools You Need to Make this Peach Bellini
- Blendtec Blender – I have one of these babies and I absolutely love it. It blends quick and awesome!
- Vitamix – Debbie has this one and she loves it.
I don’t think it really matters which one you have. Both of these blenders kick ass. Well worth the money.
Other Summertime Cocktails You Might Like
If you’ve tried this peach bellini cocktail then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it turned out in the comments below. We LOVE hearing from you!
To save this recipe for later on Pinterest, click here!
We love to see your creations! Tag @Cookswithcocktails if you post a picture of this recipe on INSTAGRAM
Frozen Peach Bellini Recipe with Homemade Raspberry Liqueur
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 4 oz peach liqueur
- 1 oz raspberry liqueur for each glass
- 1 - 2 oz red wine or sparkling wine for each glass
- Add the peaches, ice, and peach liqueur into a blender and blend well into a slush.
- Pour the peach slush into a martini glass or wine glass. Top the peach slush with the raspberry liqueur and finish with a little red wine.