Fluffy oven baked peach dutch baby recipe with melted brie cheese and crispy bacon. A sweet and savory version of these super easy, incredibly pretty and delicious brunch pancakes!
Peach Dutch Baby, where the HECK have you been all my life?!
No seriously, how is it that I have lived 37 years on this planet and NEVER had a dutch baby! Specifically a peach dutch baby! With bacon! And cheese!
I won’t say how many years its been for Debbie, but she’s never had one until now either…lol.
This one certainly won’t be the last. In fact, these will be a brunch staple in our homes from now on.
We think these would be the best mothers day brunch recipe! Or the perfect recipe for breakfast in bed, or maybe even a Valentines Day breakfast for your hunny. These are pretty much perfect for any special occasion brunch where you need an easy, but totally fantastic recipe.
Dutch babies are another name for German pancakes and they are also often called skillet pancakes, or oven pancakes because they are made in a skillet and baked in the oven till they get all beautiful and puffy. They can be eaten plain or with any number of toppings. Debbie and I are big fans of sweet and savory flavors mixed together so the sweet fruity peaches mixed with salty bacon and creamy brie was perfect for us. So delicious!
We think these are the ultimate brunch pancakes. Especially for when you are cooking brunch for guests. They are fancier than regular old pancakes, but we think they are even easier to make! There’s no throw away test pancakes to make sure you have the exact pan temperature required to create the perfect browned crust. No flipping or trying to pour the batter in so the pancakes don’t crowd each other in the pan. You just blend up the batter, pour it in the skillet, put on your toppings and pop it in the oven.
Plus the way this peach dutch baby recipe tastes is like no ordinary pancake, let me tell you!
Your brunch guests, or your family, will be super impressed.
Tools to Make this Peach Dutch Baby Recipe even Easier:
- Cast Iron Skillet – A cast iron skillet works best for this recipe. We like a 10 or 11 inch skillet. This one also comes in tons of pretty colors! We love that 🙂
- Blender – You can use any blender, but honestly, a blentec or vitamix are so great for this recipe and so many others that you cant go wrong with either of them.
- Food Processor – you can also use a food processor if you would rather. We think a blender is easier though.
Fluffy Bacon & Peach Dutch Baby Recipe - the Ultimate Brunch Pancakes
FOR THE DUTCH BABY
- 2 peaches (fresh or 1 cup frozenpieces)
- 6 strips bacon , chopped, cooked, and drained of fat
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 200 g brie , cut in chunks
- Place the flour, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a blender or food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Blend well and then scrape down the sides after a few seconds. Blend for another 10 seconds. The batter will be quite loose and liquidy. Let the batter sit for 20 mins. This gives the flour a chance to absorb all the liquid.
- When you are ready to make the dutch baby, heat the oven to 425°F. Then heat your skillet on medium heat. When its hot, add the butter and swirl the pan to melt the butter and coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour the batter on top of the butter. Tilt the pan if needed so that the batter runs evenly to all sides. Place the peaches and brie on top of the batter then sprinkle the bacon and sugar on top. Place the skillet in the oven.
- Bake until the Dutch baby is puffed, lightly browned across the top, and darker brown on the sides and edges, 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can either serve from the pan or transfer the Dutch baby to a serving platter. Dust with powdered sugar, cut into wedges and serve with maple syrup or jam.