Seriously impress your guests with this unique and delicious pickled beet salad and use up that jar of pickled beets you have had laying around.
Every second fall for the last few years, Debbie and I have made amazing pickled beets. Not to brag or anything 😉 but they are the best I have tasted.
What? They are!
We boil them, peel them and then process them with spices. Neither of us like the job of peeling, but at least the one who gets stuck peeling the dang things gets their drinks made for them…
But then… What the heck do you do with 20 jars of pickled beets?! Pickled beet salad is one of our favorite ways!
This is the way we eat this pickled beet salad, but you could also change it up a bit if you have slightly different ingredients in your fridge. I like mine with Kale in it, but regular mixed greens or any type of lettuce works here. You also don’t need to use chévre goat cheese (but its the best). You could use feta or any other type of goat cheese, but it really should be something sorta soft and crumbly. Our recipe for Maple Roasted Pecans is really easy and so dang good. I highly recommend using them in this salad, however if you don’t, I have had it with regular pecans and its still good.
We love this pickled beet salad for entertaining because its beautiful, its unique, and it only take a few mins to throw together. The dressing is as simple as drizzling olive oil and balsamic vinegar over top of the salad and finishing with salt. Seriously, that’s it! The juices from the pickled beets mingles with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and helps to dress the greens in a tangy sweet dressing. It’s so dang good!
We like to serve this tasty salad as a starter or as part of the main meal when we have our girlfriends over especially. We always get rave reviews!
You might not have any homemade pickled beets, but store bought ones will work just fine. Same goes for the maple pecans, but homemade is always tastier and healthier if you have the time!
Pickled Beet and Goat Cheese Salad with Maple Roasted Pecans
- 2 cups Lettuce chopped or Mixed Greens
- 1 cup Kale chopped
- 8 - 10 Pickled Beets cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup or so of Chévre Goat Cheese
- 1/4 cup Maple Roasted Pecans
- 2 tbsp Dill chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Reduction
- 2 tbsp Pickled Beet Juice
- Salt and Pepper (I like Maldon salt with this salad)
- Arrange your lettuce or mixed greens and kale on two plates
- Place half of each of the rest of the ingredients around your plate on top of the greens. The beets, chévre goat cheese, and pecans.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of the dill on top
- Use the remaining ingredients to dress the salad. Drizzle the olive oil, balsamic reduction, and pickled beet juice over the works.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper how you like it and serve.