This brightly colored summery vodka sour is made with muddled fresh raspberries, tart fresh lemon juice, a touch of sweet and sour raspberry thyme shrub, sweet limoncello and vodka.
Raspberries are out right now! Debbie and I are taking full advantage and this raspberry vodka sour is a prime example. Its full of raspberry flavor and the sweet and sour elements are pretty perfectly balanced, if I do say so myself.
I’m pretty sure I have mentioned before that since we tried our first sour, just a few short months ago, we have become slightly obsessed with them. Sours and shrubs, the slightly sweet and tangy concoctions that are so awesome for flavoring cocktails or drinks of any kind.
This vodka sour cocktail features a raspberry thyme shrub made with raspberries, lots of fresh thyme, sugar and apple cider vinegar. It’s fruity with a light thyme fragrance and taste. Mixed in this cocktail it adds that je ne sais quoi that will have you filling up your glass again and again.
To serve these to a few people at a time, make a large pitcher of the mix without the egg white and then all you have to do is add the mixture and the egg white to a cocktail shaker, shake and pour. Definitely a bit more work than just opening a beer or a bottle of wine, but totally worth it.
We wouldn’t serve these all evening, but serve these vodka sours at a dinner party as an aperitif as guests begin to arrive and your friends will be so glad they came. Its a nice little touch to a dinner party that will be remembered.
We just love the gorgeous red color of these vodka sour cocktails. Aren’t they so pretty? Make these this weekend!
Other Sour Cocktail Recipes You Might Like
- rose infused lemon drop martini
- elderflower, peach and lavender gin sour
- vanilla & meyer lemon martini
- apple chai whiskey sour
Raspberry & Limoncello Vodka Sour
RASPBERRY THYME SHRUB
- 2 cups raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 big handful of fresh thyme
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
FOR THE VODKA SOUR
- 3 oz limoncello
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 oz raspberry thyme shrub
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 2 tsp egg white
MAKE THE SHRUB
- Add the sugar, vinegar, thyme and raspberries to a big mason jar or container. Let it sit in the fridge for a few days to a week to let all the flavors come together. OR... Add the ingredients to a pot and bring it to a simmer for about 5 mins. Let it cool and its ready to use.
MAKE THE COCKTAIL
- Add the limoncello, vodka and fresh raspberries to a cocktail shaker and muddle the raspberries a little bit to break them up.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, close up the cocktail shaker and shake really well. Pour into two glasses and serve with a couple fresh raspberries on top.
Leave a Reply