This spinach salad with warm bacon dressing is a great dinner or appetizer salad to serve to guests. Its easy to make, but special with tons of flavor and so so good!
I don’t know about you, but Debbie and I eat a LOT of salad. Having a salad like this once in a while is such a treat from the usual. This one feels much more like a meal and its served warm so its great for a cooler evening.
Ingredients in this Spinach Salad
- Hard boiled eggs
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Caramelized onions
Spinach Salad Variations
You could also try any of these ingredients in your spinach salad:
- Raw onions
- Raw mushrooms
- Blue cheese
- Candied pecans or reg pecans
- Homemade croutons
- You could try poached eggs instead of hard boiled!
Any of these would be great too!
Have you ever made hard boiled eggs and then when you take the shells off and slice them open, the yolk has that ugly dark greyish layer around it?
That just drives me to drink! A while back I found a simple way to stop this from happening.
Here’s how to make perfect hard boiled eggs:
- You put your eggs in a pot and cover them with water
- Put the pot on high heat until it boils
- Once it boils, cover and remove from the heat
- Keep the lid on for 15 mins, then drain and cover with cold water
One other method for perfect hard boiled eggs:
- Bring a pot of water to a low boil.
- Add your eggs very carefully so they don’t break on the way in.
- Boil for 9-10 mins and remove the eggs from the water and cool right away.
Follow these steps and you will get perfect hard boiled eggs every time!
If you want your eggs to be jammy on the inside, try 12 mins for the first method and 7-8 mins for the second method.
I gotta tell you, this has to be my favorite Balsamic Vinaigrette to date! The maple syrup just enhances the flavor of the balsamic vinegar perfectly. Its slightly sweet and tangy and perfect for this salad!
Kevin told me he really liked the salad and that I should make it again. I told him that next time I ask him what he wants for dinner he should say “Spinach Salad”!
Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
A delicious spinach salad with warm bacon dressing
FOR TWO SALADS
- 6 cups spinach
- 8 mushrooms
- 4 strips bacon chopped and cooked, fat reserved
- 1/2 med red onion sliced
- 1-2 large hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese grated
- 1 small tomato chopped
FOR THE SALAD
- Cook your hard boiled eggs and set aside to cool.
Place the spinach on a plate and arrange the mushrooms, tomato, onion, bacon bits and cheese on top. Slice your cooled hardboiled egg and place on top. Drizzle with the dressing and serve!