A sparkly strawberry mimosa cocktail that’s perfect for any festive occasion with juicy red strawberry lemonade flavor. These are easy to make and easy to serve to guests.
Debbie and I love mimosa cocktails. Who doesn’t, really? They’re fruity, sparkly, elegant, easy. A sure fire way to class up ANY dinner party.
They’re a classic brunch cocktail and are the absolute BEST at taking the edge off of a hangover if you happen to be nursing one at said brunch. 😉
Mimosas for Entertaining
This strawberry mimosa cocktail is fabulous for entertaining because, for one, serving them to your guests will make them feel elegant and special.
There’s nothing quite like a bottle of bubbly for that. Even just popping the cork indicates that there is something special going on. From a casual get together to a formal engagement.
And two, this strawberry lemonade mimosa recipe is damn easy, and quick to make a bunch at once or for refills! Your guests are going to love this one, so make sure to stock up on bubbly or ask your guests to bring a bottle if they ask to help out and you are willing to let them.
Making this Strawberry Mimosa
What makes this strawberry lemonade cocktail special is the strawberry lemonade compote that’s pre-made before hand and then added to the cocktail glass before pouring the mimosa.
The compote is made with fresh squeezed lemon juice, sliced strawberries, and a little sugar then cooked down into a jammy consistency. It needs to cool before you add it to your mimosa, but its worth the wait.
We love that you can make this stuff even days before your event and it will keep in the fridge until you are ready.
When to Serve This Mimosa Cocktail
I have to say, I think this strawberry mimosa recipe has to be my new favorite. I love the sweet fruity tang of the strawberry lemonade compote mixed with the sparkling wine. It’s a winning combination that’s perfect for many occasions like:
- Thanksgiving dinner party
- Holiday Christmas party
- New Years Eve!
- Valentines Day cocktail
- Mothers day – you might even have fresh local strawberries if your lucky
- Bridal showers
- Baby showers
- Brunch with the ladies
To name a few 🙂
We had these strawberry mimosas at Debbie’s this weekend for a little dinner party to celebrate my Grandma Pat’s birthday. They were dangerous! I could have easily finished off another sparkling wine bottle all to myself.
Don’t you LOVE these stemless champagne flutes? I think they are super cute. You can find them here if you like!
Other Mimosa Recipes You Might Like:
- blood orange sparkling margarita mimosa
- grapefruit mimosa with rosemary
- raspberry mimosa with creamy granita
- holiday cranberry mimosa
If you’ve tried this strawberry lemonade mimosa recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it turned out in the comments below. We love hearing from you!
We love to see your creations! Tag @Cookswithcocktails if you post a picture of this recipe on INSTAGRAM
FOR THE STRAWBERRY COMPOTE
- 24 medium strawberries (about 2 cups squished down into a measuring cup) cored and sliced
- 3 lemons , juiced
- 1 cup sugar
FOR THE COCKTAIL
- 1 – 2 tbsps strawberry lemonade compote for each mimosa
- 4 oz sparkling wine (s) of sparkling wine
- Add the strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar to a saucepan and turn the heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring every once in a while, until the strawberries cook down and the mixture becomes a thick sauce. Then take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Store in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
- When you are ready to serve it, add 1 to 2 tablespoons to a wine glass or champagne flute. Pour in the chilled sparkling wine and give it a quick stir. Serve!