Debbie called me the other day. She was picking out Baileys at the store for a coffee drink we were going to have as we were trying out some recipes last weekend. Apparently, there are some new flavor options for Baileys and she couldn’t decide. Vanilla Cinnamon, Caramel, and Biscotti. Yum, Yum, and Yum! Right? Well I couldn’t decide either, although I was leaning towards the Vanilla Cinnamon or Caramel. But I also wanted to see what the Biscotti one tasted like. I said play enie menie…
Debbie got all three. That’s how she rolls…
So naturally, we had to do a taste test when she got to my house and we decided that although we liked the Biscotti, it was too nutty to go with Frangelico, which is also slightly nutty.
The Vanilla Cinnamon is awesome! As is the Caramel… You really cant go wrong with Caramel can you?
We decided to make our coffee with the Vanilla Cinnamon Baileys and Frangelico. A little of each. And as we were whipping up the whipped cream, Debbie suggested adding the Caramel Baileys. Fabulous idea. The only thing about adding the Baileys to whipped cream is that it doesn’t really hold its shape too much after. Maybe we needed to add a little less. We added 1 tablespoon to 1 cup of whipped cream. If you’re going to try this (of course you are!) I would suggest adding a teaspoon at a time and see how you like it. Ours tasted like heaven though…
I will add that we tried our best to make whipped coconut cream. We tried three different brands. Were gonna keep trying, but so far its a big fat fail. One brand sort of got kind of close to looking like it was getting whipped, but no deal. I will figure it out one day!
These drinks get a little messy when you add the whipped cream as you can see by our photos, however, they make up for it in taste. Amazing! And I have to say that Debbies idea of adding some chocolate shavings to the sugar rim around the top of the glass is nothing short of genius. I want to have that rim with every single coffee I drink! You can taste the chocolate!
You wouldn’t want to have this coffee every day, well you would, but its very rich and decadent. But once in a while for a treat, its worth a little extra sugar and cream in your life!
Vanilla Cinnamon and Frangelico CoffeePrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup strong coffee (about 4 - 6 oz)
- 1 oz Vanilla Cinnamon Baileys
- 1 oz Frangelico
- 1 tbsp coarse sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped chocolate shreds
- 1 cinnamon stick (it actually adds to the cinnamon flavor) FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp Caramel Baileys
- Whip the whipped cream in a mixer or with a whisk (if your strong and quick) till it has firm peaks. Add the Caramel Baileys a little at a time till it reaches your desired taste.
- In a small shallow dish, mix the chocolate and coarse sugar. Dip a glass lightly in water and then dip in the sugar/chocolate mixture. If it doesn't want to stick well, try simple syrup or honey.
- Next make your strong coffee and add the Vanilla Cinnamon Baileys and Frangelico. Give it a stir.
- Top your drink with some whipped cream and sprinkle with some chocolate if you like.
- Add a cinnamon stick and serve!