Silk Road - A Grapefruit Martini
A grapefruit martini made with grapefruit juice, ginger infused simple syrup, lime juice, grated ginger, star anise, rhubarb bitters and a touch of bubbly.
Servings 1 Cocktail
GINGER INFUSED SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- good 2 or 3 inch chunk of fresh ginger cut into smaller chunks
FOR THE COCKTAIL
- 2 oz gin
- 4 oz grapefruit juice (about 1 whole grapefruit)
- 1 tsp ginger infused simple syrup
- juice of half a lime
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 star annise
- couple shakes of rhubarb bitters (or any fruit bitters you might have on hand)
- top with champagne or sparkling wine (about 3 - 4 oz)
MAKE THE SIMPLE SYRUP
Add all the ingredients to a small pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the mixture thickens slightly. Just until it coats the back of a spoon. About 10 - 15 mins. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
Store in an airtight container (mason jars work great) until you are ready to use it. Strain the syrup before you use it in a cocktail.
MAKE THE COCKTAIL
Add all the ingredients EXCEPT THE BUBBLY, into a cocktail shaker. Shake it well to combine and pour into a martini glass or other similar size cocktail glass.
Top with the sparkling wine or champagne and serve.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 283mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin C: 30.5mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1.2mg