Fall Apart Boiled Ham
A delicious boiled ham recipe that falls apart and melts in your mouth. Perfect for special occasions and feeding a crowd of guests!
Servings 10 people
- 4-6 lbs bone in ham this is sometimes called a picnic ham or country ham
- 2 large onions cut into quarters
- 3 sticks celery chopped in quarters
- 2 large apples cut in quarters
- 5 - 8 cloves garlic smashed but not peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- a few peppercorns
- 1 tbsp salt
- liquid to cover water or a mix of water and juice is good
Rinse the ham well and put it in a big pot. Big enough so that all or at least most of it can be covered by the liquid. Throw in all the other ingredients into the pot and fill with the liquid until the ham is covered or almost covered. Water or whatever liquid you choose.
Bring it to a boil and then lower the heat so its simmering. Let it simmer for 20 mins per lb or until a thermometer reaches 155 degrees when inserted into the ham.
Pull the Ham out of the pot, cover it and let it rest for 20 mins.
Cut the fat and skin off and slice or pull it into pieces. Serve it up and watch the ham melt in your mouth! So good!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 275kcal | Protein: 24g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g