Welcome! We’re so happy you’re here.
If you are like most of our readers, you’re busy, time-strapped, always running a mile a minute, and your’re looking for solutions to the nightly challenge of getting dinner on the table. You’re passionate about feeding your family well, making the right choices and creating a warm loving home. You take a modern approach to cooking by embracing a variety of cuisines, while also keeping health and the quality of ingredients in mind when choosing what to make. You’re looking for inspiration, so that you can start building a repertoire of recipes that work for you and your family—both for every day and special occasions.
Cooks with Cocktails is a popular cooking and entertaining site for women seeking delicious and trustworthy recipes, advice and how-to tips. We strive to inform and inspire, helping them plan and prepare meals that stoke a passion for cooking—because sharing food leads to sharing life, strengthening families and building friendships.
- feeling confident the food you serve will impress your family and friends and, more importantly, taste great
- feeling fulfilled by the time spent connecting with the important people in your life over a meal
- entertaining more often with less stress
- creating amazing cocktails for special occasions
- having a plan so you won’t spend the whole night in the kitchen while your friends enjoy the fruits of your labour
Cooks with Cocktails offers a simple and accessible view of a family that cooks together, and places a high value on shared meals. There’s no pressure to make anything perfect—it’s all about a stress-free approach to cooking and entertaining. The food may look fancy, but it’s not.
Our goal is to encourage our readers to cook often, to feel empowered by recipes that work, and to entertain more. Taking a no-stress approach to cooking and entertaining, we embrace the fact that things won’t always go as planned: mistakes and messes will happen. But in the end, it’s all about a happy table filled with family, friends and good food.
What our readers are saying:
Looks like I found my holiday party drink! Raspberry cream mimosas! Thanks cookswithcocktails! – Keshawn
I made these scalloped potatoes for our thanksgiving dinner. They were a HIT!! SO easy to make and super tasty! Thanks Cooks with Cocktails!! – Amanda
Wow, I’m so glad I found this recipe now so that I can have it ready for some Christmas and New Year’s parties! I’m so excited to see how my family likes it! – Veronica
When you become a member of the Cooks with Cocktails community, you will discover food and cocktail recipes, cooking tips, and techniques you need to make dishes that everyone around the table will love.
You will also receive our free guide with tips for effortlessly impressing your guests.
Enter your email below:
Our approach to entertaining:
- unpretentious and not fussy
- you won’t find elaborate tablescapes here. As pretty as they are, they’re not practical for us. We shoot for understated elegance around here.
- our houses aren’t spotless, but they are neat and tidy when guests come over. That’s all that’s necessary.
- we don’t let perfection get in the way of getting together with our friends and family and share food and laughter around the table.
We cook daily for our families too:
- on weekdays we need quicker meals to make for dinner after work, but we still want them to be healthy, delicious and full of flavor
- we meal plan too! And we plan for leftovers because leftovers of delicious meals still taste delicious!
- weekends are for taking our time to cook a meal. On the weekend you can usually find us cooking for fun with a cocktail or glass of wine in hand. Often together!
Our approach to making cocktails:
- our cocktails are fresh, fun, full of flavor – always a double!
- we love to mix herbs and infused simple syrups and spirits in our cocktails
- getting creative with new flavors and combinations of flavors makes us happy, especially when we hit on a total winner!
A few of our most popular posts:
- thai chicken stirfry with basil and cashews
- marinated flank steak with chimichuri
- sausage, spinach, and wine fettucinie
- pan fried brussel sprouts with bacon & onions
- the ultimate potato side dish
- puff pasty tart with peach, prosciutto & brie
- whisky beef sliders wtih caramelized onions, bacon & homemade buns
- onion & fig jam crostinis with roasted garlic, brie & prosciutto
- 5 easy steps to creating the perfect cheese platter
- espresso martini
- raspberry cream mimosa
- peach bellini
- grapefruit & vodka shaken with egg whites & muddled mint
- meyer lemon margarita with rosemary infused simple syrup
How to posts:
- how to make the perfect baked chicken breast
- how to make instant pot bone broth
- how to make the best beef carpacio
- how to make a stuffed pork tenderloin that rocks date night
We love hearing from YOU! Have questions or comments? You can email us at email@example.com or on the contact form below. You can also find us on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and TWITTER.