This espresso martini recipe is smooth, creamy, richly bitter and slightly sweet. It’s made with VanGough’s espresso vodka, baileys and a shot of strong espresso.
It will be the best pick-me-up cocktail you have ever had!
Every now and then, we all need a pick-me-up. Whenever that lift you need comes in drink form, it should be in the form of this espresso martini recipe!
what goes in an espresso martini?
I have seen a number of different espresso martini recipes. All are basically the same with very minor variations. Our version has:
- 1 oz strong espresso
- 2 oz of VanGough’s Espresso Vodka, or better yet, VanGough’s Double Espresso Vodka
- 1 oz Baileys Irish Cream
- ice to shake the mixture with and get it nice and chilled
- if you like things sweeter, you could also add a little Kahlua to the mix
If that doesn’t get you going, I’m not sure what will!
Mmmmm and I love how making these smells….
Debbie and I make this espresso martini quite often. Its our go to cocktail any time we are feeling a little tired at the beginning of a night, or we need a cocktail that’s got a little punch built into it. Plus who doesn’t love espresso? And espresso vodka? Its an all time favorite of ours and we never have only one!
I can’t think of a time when we have made these that someone doesn’t say, “Oooooo what’s that?” and then we give them a sip and they look longingly at us until we give in and make them one too. Its usually one of the boys. If we make one for ourselves, they inevitably want one too. And we make them one too, cuz we love them. And we are nice like that 🙂
Its easy to have too many of these, but we usually have two because one is just never enough and three means we wont sleep that night.
I am willing to bet this espresso martini will become a favorite of yours too.
how to make an espresso martini:
- first make the strong espresso. If you don’t have an espresso machine then just make some extra strong coffee in a pot. That’s what I do.
- fill a martini shaker half full of ice. It should be fresh from the freezer ice.
- add all the ingredients to the shaker and shake it really hard.
- pour into a glass (a chilled glass is even better) and serve with a couple espresso beans on top
Pretty easy right? Easy and delicious!
This espresso martini recipe makes the best aperitif cocktails for a dinner party and an equally good after dinner drink. Especially in the summer when its still hot at night and no one wants a hot coffee after dinner.
Serve these after dinner and they are guaranteed to get the party started! So delicious, and the espresso vodka has quite the kick without tasting like it so be careful or you will be dancing on tables 😉 Or not and just go for it…
Tools for making this espresso martini:
- espresso machine – I have my eye on this one. I will have it one day soonish… It will make my morning coffee and making these espresso martinis even better!
- martini shaker – we love this one because its clear glass so you can see inside and it has a silicone ring around the lid so NO SPILLS. I want my martini in my glass…
- martini glasses – classic and beautiful
- coupe glasses – you could also serve them in these. We love how classy these look!
other recipes you might like:
- kicked up coffee granita with baileys and kahlua
- chocolate vodka espresso
- the BEST chocolate chip cookies in the world
- the BEST chocolate cupcakes EVER
What goes better than chocolate and espresso?!
If you’ve tried this pickled beet salad recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it turned out in the comments below. We love hearing from you!
To save this recipe for later on Pinterest, click here!
We love to see your creations! Tag @Cookswithcocktails if you post a picture of this recipe on INSTAGRAM
Espresso Martini Recipe with Vodka and Baileys
This smooth, richly bitter and slightly sweet espresso martini is made with strong espresso vodka, baileys and a shot of strong espresso. The best pick-me-up cocktail you have ever had!
- 2 - 3 oz shot of Espresso
- 2 oz shot of VanGoughs Espresso Vodka or Double Espresso Vodka
- 1 oz (or a splash) of Balieys or Carolans Irish Cream Liqueur
- First fill a martini shaker full of ice. Then pour in the Espresso, Vodka and Baileys.
- Shake the martini shaker well and pour into a martini glass along with some of the ice.
Hint: Whenever I know Im going to be making a few of these, I often make two shots of espresso at once the first time. That way, when Im working on my first martini, the espresso is already cooling down for the next.
Sip and Enjoy!