It’s no secret that Debbie loves her tequila and in the time that we have had this blog, I have learned to love a good margarita just as much as she does. We have had a few that we would have to count as our favorites: passion fruit and lime, pineapple and ginger, raspberry and peach… However, I have to say that this Blackberry Rosemary Margarita is my all time favorite margarita that we have posted so far.
Something about the sweet blackberries mixed with the sour lime juice and savory rosemary come together and make perfect cocktail harmony in the glass and in my mouth. It’s also a gorgeous cocktail! The color is so pretty and I love the pink froth on top from the egg whites.
Debbie and I often put egg whites in our margaritas. If you have given this a whirl, then you know. The egg whites give your margarita a silky frothy texture that we can’t get enough of. Please try it!
Kevin and I got the keys to our new house/project yesterday! Work begins today and I am excited and apprehensive about the chaos that is about to envelop our lives. We have to be out of our house on Sunday at 12 noon, but we are planning to be out tomorrow. I will be posting progress photos on instagram and facebook so follow us there if your curious to see how our reno goes 🙂
Have a great weekend!
- 4 oz tequila
- 2 limes , juiced
- 4 oz blackberry simple syrup
- 1 egg white or 3 tbsp egg whites
- 2 springs rosemary , bruised and muddled
- coarse salt for rimming your glassBLACKBERRY SIMPLE SYRUP
- 4 cups blackberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- First make the simply syrup. Put all the ingredients into a medium pot and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for at least an hour or until the mixture reduces and starts to thicken up a bit. It doesn't need to be too thick. Set aside to cool.
- Salt the rim of your glass and fill the glass with ice or crushed ice.
- Pour all the ingredients into a martini shaker and shake well.
- Pour into your glasses and enjoy!