I dont know about you, but it has been a long week! Work (my day job) is super busy right now and this Friday night, I just feel like having a cocktail or two in the hot tub with my man. I think one of these cocktails is in order….
Mark and Debbie came over for dinner last weekend and Debbie brought a bunch of different kinds of alcohol for us to try out. Pear vodka, salted caramel vodka, and apple pie moonshine. We ended up not really trying any of them, but this week Debbie gave the apple pie moonshine a try.
Its not really moonshine. Not the kind thats made in the back woods or in basements, but its whiskey. Apple pie flavored whiskey. Slightly dangerous and totally delicious.
Apple Cinnamon Pie Martini. Apples and Cinnamon are a match made in dessert heaven. And now in cocktail heaven too! Debbie came up with this tasty version of an apple martini. Apple Pie Moonshine and Cinnamony Fireball mixed together with apple juice and lime. Topped off with a graham cracker and sugar rim! Brilliant!
Be careful, this ones got a kick to it!
Apple Cinnamon Pie Martini
- 1 1/2 oz apple pie moon shine
- 1/2 oz fireball
- 3 oz apple lime juice (sunrype)
- splash of lime juice
- FOR THE RIM
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- wedge of lime for wetting the rim
- wedge of apple or lime for garnish
- Put the graham cracker crumbs on a flat plate and add the sugar and cinnamon. Give it a good stir.
- Wet the rim of your glass with a lime wedge or juice and roll the glass around in the crumb mixture.
- Fill a martini shaker with ice and add the moonshine, fireball, and apple juice. Give it a good shake!
- Pour into a chilled martini glass and serve!