Honey cinnamon butter made with honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla all mixed together with butter, then formed into a log and popped into the fridge to set. It has a ton of different uses and it will really impress your holiday guests.
Compound butters are one of our simple little tricks to take a dish or a meal from “this is really good” to “wow! This is amazing, can I have the recipe?” They are so simple to make and they just add a special touch to the dinner table.
This compound butter is our honey cinnamon butter and it’s a cinch to make. Its as easy as this:
- Let 1 cup of butter come to room temperature
- Add the honey, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg
- Mix it well, pour it onto wrap and mould it into a log
- Throw it into the fridge to harden until you are ready to use it
For a quick little video on how to roll compound butter into a log, check out this link. Your butter log doesn’t have to be perfect to be tasty, but it is nice to have a pretty presentation!
Now if you want to make this honey cinnamon butter even more special and fragrantly delicious, grate your cinnamon and nutmeg fresh into the butter and use a vanilla bean instead of vanilla extract. You will just die and go to heaven for a second as you grate those fresh spices into the butter. I just cant get enough of the smell of fresh cinnamon and nutmeg. So Christmassy too!
How to use your Honey Cinnamon Butter
- Serve it with Mashed Sweet Potatoes – especially good for your Thanksgiving or Christmas sweet potatoes.
- Smear it on toast at breakfast – Yum – doesn’t get much better than honey cinnamon toast…
- Have it in your Hot Buttered Rum
- Better yet, have it in your Hot Buttered Rum with Apple Cider
- Throw it in your bulletproof coffee! It is sooooo good!
- Melt it on baked apples!
- Melt a pat of it on any kind of fruit crisp. Oh man… now I want some of that!
Im sure there are many other uses, but that’s all I got for now 🙂
Tools to Make Your Honey Cinnamon Butter even easier:
- Kitchen Aid Mixer – will whip up your butter like nobodies business. Among other things…
- Mixing bowls and a Whisk – if you don’t have a stand mixer, a whisk and a bowl will work just fine. I love the silicone whisks so you can use them when cooking too, in any pan.
- Parchment Paper – this makes a better (wrinkle free) log of butter than plastic wrap
Honey Cinnamon Butter
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl or in a mixer bowl. Mix well with a fork or in a stand mixer.
- Get out a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper and scrape all the butter into the middle of the wrap or paper with a spatula. Spread the butter out on the wrap into sort of a log shape. Take a side of the wrap and put it over top and use it to shape the butter into a round log. Then wrap it up, twist the sides and put it in the fridge to harden.
- When you are ready to serve the butter, take it out of the fridge a little while before so its not quite so hard when you serve it.