For me, theres nothing that smells like Christmas as much as apple cider spiced with cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. I prefer hot apple cider to hot chocolate any day. Theres just something comforting and happy about hot apple cider, especially if your like us and you add wine and apple flavored vodka to it! Right….?
This cocktail can be made on the stove or in a crock pot. It’s the absolute perfect Christmas party cocktail because you can just have it keeping warm in the crockpot making your home smell amazing all night long. With that smell, everyone is sure to get into the Christmas spirit!
You can also serve this beverage cold as well! Its just as good chilled over ice. I love a hot drink when the weather is cold, but I don’t necessarily want to drink a hot drink all night. Maybe one or two max and then I want some cold wine. Or water. Or chilled Apple Cider Sangria. With this cocktail you can make a bunch and serve some hot in the crockpot and serve the rest cold over ice! Best of both worlds.
Kevin and I live in a culdesac and we have fantastic neighbors. A couple of our neighbors have kids Dallens age so when he is with us, there are always a bunch of boys playing outside in the middle of the street. And all the parents watch out for each others kids. Its great. So the adults in the neighborhood decided that we should have a Chirstmas party in the middle of the culdesac. I have heard stories of these but there hasn’t been one while Kevin and I have lived there so this will be our first. I am hoping for a bonfire in the street. Ive heard rumors of this, but we will see…
Anyways, I think I will make a crock pot of this Mulled Cider Sangria and keep it plugged in on my front porch. Should get everyone feeling pretty Christmassy 🙂
- 3 cups apple cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups white wine
- 1/2 cup apple flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 apple chopped
- cinnamon sticks
- In a medium size pot, add the apple cider, cinnamon sticks, cloves, nutmeg, and vanilla bean.
- Heat on low to medium heat until it barely starts to simmer. Dont boil it hard. Cover and let it simmer for at least 30 mins.
- Alternately you can add those ingredients to a crock pot and heat on low for a few hours.
- When the cider smells and tastes very flavorful, turn the heat off.
- Add the wine and the vodka. Dont add these when the heat is on. You dont want to burn off the alcohol.
- Next add the cranberries and apples. Cover and let it sit for a few mins. You can heat it on low to keep it warm in the pot or on low in the crock pot but be careful it doesnt get too hot.
- Ladle into mugs and serve!
Traci | Vanilla And Bean says
This is so warming, so beautiful… totally puts me in the holiday spirit! Can’t wait to make this over Christmas; I know my guests will love it, cold or hot! Thank you Debbie and Julie for another fabulous recipe!!