Super fresh summer corn salad made with roasted corn, straight off the cob, tossed with fresh veggies, feta cheese, and a homemade dressing. Everyone loves this quick and easy salad!
We are lucky enough around these parts to have some of the best corn in the world! Im actually not really sure if that’s true, as far as the world goes, but Chilliwack corn is well known as the best around here and we look forward to the little drive thru shacks opening up all over the place selling the sweet corn. I can even get corn at the gas station I always fill up at.
I happen to think that’s kind of cool. One of my favorite things about living in the Fraser Valley is having these types of little veggie stands here and there in the summer. 🙂
This summer corn salad is a great potluck dish because you can make it ahead of time without compromising flavor or texture. That said, since you can make it ahead of time, that pretty much makes it a great option for any occasion.
Plus it’s quick and easy, but sooooooo flavorful which leaves you more time for the things that really matter, like visiting with your family and friends. Or making cocktails…!
How to make this corn salad recipe
This corn salad is super simple to make. This is how you do it:
- Turn your grill to high and get it nice and hot (500 degrees).
- Rub a little butter over each corn cob and sprinkle with a little salt. Wrap the corn cobs in foil and cook the corn on the grill till it gets tender. About 20 mins rotating ever 5 mins.
- Remove from the heat, take the corn out of the foil and remove the kernels from the cob with a knife and put the kernels in a bowl to cool.
- Dice the peppers, onion, and cucumber in nice small pieces. When the corn is cool add the veggies.
- Crumble the feta into the bowl. Chop the cilantro and add to corn mixture
- While the corn is cooling, make the dressing. Mince the clove of garlic either by using a knife or a small grater. Add the garlic and the rest of the ingredients into a container with a lid and shake.
- Pour the dressing over salad and toss well. Set the salad in the fridge for 1/2 an hour before serving.
Do I have to roast the corn for this salad?
No, you don’t have to. We love the flavor of roasted corn, but this salad is just as good with boiled or steamed fresh corn.
Can you use canned corn for this corn salad recipe?
I’m going to say that if you don’t have fresh corn available, you could use canned, but honestly, even if you don’t have freshly picked corn like we do, you should really try to use the stuff on the cob for this corn salad. You can sometimes get corn on the cob that’s been shucked and put in a package in the grocery store.
The only time you should use canned corn for corn salad is in the winter and you are craving this salad. Or if you are in a country where you can’t get fresh corn. Anyways, you get the picture…
What to serve with your corn salad?
Honestly, this corn salad goes well with any meal, but we think it goes particularly well with a BBQ or a potluck dinner so here’s a few recipes we would serve this corn salad with:
- grilled flank steak
- beef and pork burgers
- maple plank salmon
- stuffed zucchini with farmer sausage
- fall off the bone ribs
- our favorite macaroni salad
If you’ve tried this corn salad recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it turned out in the comments below. We love hearing from you!
To save this recipe for later on Pinterest, click here!
We love to see your creations! Tag @Cookswithcocktails if you post a picture of this recipe on INSTAGRAM
Summer Corn Salad with Cucumber, Peppers and Feta
FOR THE SALAD
- 3 cups corn (about 5-6 ears of Corn)
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups red peppers diced
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber diced
- 1 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup cilantro
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Turn your grill to high and get it nice and hot (500 degrees). Rub a little butter over each corn cob and sprinkle with a little salt. Wrap the corn cobs in foil and cook the corn on the grill till it gets tender. About 20 mins rotating ever 5 mins. Remove from the heat, take the corn out of the foil and remove the kernels from the cob, put it in a bowl to cool.
- Dice the peppers, onion, and cucumber in nice small piece. When the corn is cool add the veggies. Crumble the feta into the bowl. Chop the cilantro and add to corn mixture.
MAKE THE DRESSING
- Mince the clove of garlic either by using a knife or a small grater. Add the garlic and the rest of the ingredients into a container with a lid and shake. Pour over salad. Set the salad in the fridge for 1/2 an hour before serving.
Leave a Reply