This homemade raspberry liqueur (or sweet raspberry vodka) is so easy to make and is well worth the effort! A beautiful bright red and slightly sweet elixir made with only three ingredients: raspberries, sugar and vodka.
A couple months ago, Debbie and I made this awesome fruit liqueur. You will never believe how easy it is to make and how good it tastes!
Now, in both of our fridges there is a mason jar full of a beautiful bright red homemade liqueur made with three simple ingredients: raspberries, sugar and vodka. We have been dreaming up ways to use this delicious elixir for a while now!
Its going to be amazing and we are pretty excited to share this recipe with you.
How to Make This Recipe:
This fabulous vodka can be made in four super simple steps:
- split a 600g bag of frozen raspberries or 4 cups of fresh raspberries into two large mason jars.
- split a 750 ml bottle of vodka between the two mason jars.
- add one cup of sugar to each mason jar.
- screw on the lid, give it a good shake and then put the jar in a cool place for 3 weeks up to 2 months.
Tips for the Best Liqueur
- The longer you let the vodka sit, the more raspberry flavor it will get.
- You can make the raspberry liqueur as sweet as you like by just adjusting the sugar a little. I would suggest following the recipe as is the first time and then adjust on the next batch.
Yes, there will definitely be a next batch!
Other Liqueurs you can Try:
Try this homemade liqueur recipe with other kinds of fruit like:
Other Alcohols to Try
This method of making liqueur doesn’t work only with vodka, you can try it with other booze too! Try any of these:
- rum – white rum might be the best for this I think
Unfortunately this recipe isn’t something you can whip up and enjoy right away. It takes at least a month or two months, to develop the flavor fully. But let me tell you, its worth the wait! I’m fairly certain you won’t find anything as good as this in the liquor store.
The fruity flavor is outstanding!
This beautiful liquid is like a dessert all on its own, served on the rocks, but the ways you can use it are endless…
Recipes Using Your Homemade Raspberry Liqueur
- peach bellini with red wine & homemade raspberry liqueur
- raspberry vodka & sparkling wine float with vanilla bean coconut ice cream
- boozy raspberry lemon souffle cheesecake
Can You Drink Raspberry Vodka Straight?
You can! Especially this one, since it has a lot of sweetness to it, it takes the bite out of the alcohol.
What Goes Good with Raspberry Vodka?
Check out the ideas above for recipes we have used this vodka in, but here are a couple more:
Over ice cream, in a bellini, with champagne as a mimosa, mixed with fruit juice like a punch. The list goes on and on…
How Long Does Homemade Liqueur Last?
Fruit liqueurs last indefinitely. Just keep them in a cupboard and out of direct sunlight. Cool dark places are the best. Or the fridge.
Will Fruit Go Bad in Alcohol?
Nope, you can leave the fruit in the alcohol as long as you like. The alcohol preserves it.
Do You Have to Add Sugar?
Nope, you can just add fruit to the vodka if you would rather. Or cut down on the sugar. Its up to you.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- pineapple vodka
If you’ve tried this homemade raspberry liqueur recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it turned out in the comments below. We love hearing from you!
We love to see your creations! Tag @Cookswithcocktails if you post a picture of this recipe on INSTAGRAM
Homemade Raspberry Liqueur
- 2 600g bags of frozen raspberries (or about 4 cups)
- 1 bottle of vodka (26 oz)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 large mason jars with lids
- Split the bottle of vodka evenly between the two mason jars.
- Add one bag of frozen raspberries to each jar.
- Add 1 cup of sugar to each jar.
- Put the lid on the jar and store in a cool dark place for at least a week to a couple of months, giving it a shake every once in a while. The longer you leave it, the better it will be.