This homemade raspberry liqueur (or raspberry vodka) is so easy to make and is well worth the effort! A beautiful bright red and slightly sweet elixir made with only three ingredients: raspberries, sugar and vodka.
A couple months ago, Debbie and I made this raspberry liqueur. You will never believe how easy it is to make and how good it tastes!
Now, in both of our fridges there is a mason jar full of a beautiful bright red homemade raspberry liqueur (or raspberry vodka) made with three simple ingredients: raspberries, sugar and vodka. We have been dreaming up ways to use this delicious raspberry elixir for a while now! Its going to be amazing and we are pretty excited to share this recipe with you.
How to make homemade raspberry liqueur:
This fabulous raspberry liqueur (or raspberry vodka) can be made in four super simple steps:
- split a 600g bag of frozen raspberries or 4 cups of fresh raspberries into two large mason jars.
- split a 750 ml bottle of vodka between the two mason jars.
- add one cup of sugar to each mason jar.
- screw on the lid, give it a good shake and then put the jar in a cool place for 3 weeks up to 2 months.
A FEW TIPS:
- The longer you let the raspberry liqueur (or raspberry vodka) sit, the more raspberry flavor your vodka will get.
- You can make the raspberry liqueur as sweet as you like by just adjusting the sugar a little. I would suggest following the recipe as is the first time and then adjust on the next batch.
Yes, there will definitely be a next batch!
How to change up this homemade raspberry vodka recipe:
Try this homemade liqueur recipe with other kinds of fruit like:
You could also try this with other kinds of alcohol like:
Unfortunately this recipe isn’t something you can whip up and enjoy in tandem with us this weekend. It takes at least a month or two months, to develop the flavor fully. But let me tell you, its worth the wait! I’m fairly certain you won’t find anything as good as this in the liquor store, and its incredibly easy to make. Just raspberries, sugar and vodka. We even used frozen raspberries.
This beautiful liquid is like a dessert all on its own, served on the rocks, but the ways you can use it are endless… Over ice cream, in a bellini, with champagne as a mimosa, mixed with fruit juice like a punch. The list goes on and on…
Recipes Using Your Homemade Raspberry Liqueur
- peach bellini with red wine & homemade raspberry liqueur
- raspberry vodka & sparkling wine float with vanilla bean coconut ice cream
- boozy raspberry lemon souffle cheesecake
If you’ve tried this homemade raspberry liqueur recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it turned out in the comments below. We love hearing from you!
To save this recipe for later on Pinterest, click here!
We love to see your creations! Tag @Cookswithcocktails if you post a picture of this recipe on INSTAGRAM
Homemade Raspberry Liqueur Elixir
A beautiful bright red homemade elixir of raspberries, sugar and vodka. This raspberry liqueur is so easy to make and well worth the effort!
- 2 600g bags of frozen raspberries (or about 4 cups)
- 1 bottle of vodka (26 oz)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 large mason jars with lids
- Split the bottle of vodka evenly between the two mason jars.
- Add one bag of frozen raspberries to each jar.
- Add 1 cup of sugar to each jar.
- Put the lid on the jar and store in a cool dark place for a couple of months, giving it a shake every once in a while.